Saturday, October 31, 2009

C25K Day #1

A friend recently owned up to having started on the Couch-to-5K running program, commonly known as C25K. He was a fair few weeks ahead of me in the program and seemed pretty positive about it. This got me thinking, and today I finally stopped procrastinating and started the program myself. I purchased one of the myriad C25K applications for my iPod Touch, put the Bluetooth headphones[1] on and jumped on the treadmill.

It wasn't as challenging as I expected, but it wasn't exactly easy either, and I'm sure it'll get much harder as the weeks go by. I guess the other cardio work I've done most weeks (bike, elliptical and rower) in the gym at work helped prepare me a bit. Felt pretty good afterwards. Main lesson learned was to double-knot shoelaces. At about the 20-minute mark one shoe untied itself, spoiling my rhythm.

[1] Formerly Jaycar part AR-1857. They don't seem to stock them anymore. Pity :-( as they are quite good for the price --- about $50 if I remember correctly

No comments:

Post a Comment